Skip to content
- Direct Deposit – Have regular cheques sent to your bank via direct deposit.
- Automated Teller – When using automated teller machines (ATM) be aware of who is around you. Do not make it obvious that you are taking out cash.
- Shop around, always get a minimum of three estimates on major purchases or service contracts.
- Be wary of something for nothing or get rich quick schemes. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is a scam.
- Be careful of door to door sales people or telemarketing. Do not allow yourself to be pushed into buying something you don’t really need or want. Take a day to think about it. Read the contract, ask the salesperson to explain all the costs involved