Safe Community Grant Application for 2022
Download form HERE
Through the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, the Block Watch Society of BC will be providing Safe Community Grants to Block Watch groups. Engaged communities play a direct role in reducing and deterring crime in neighbourhoods. These grants are a targeted way to help groups re-engage. Each grant will be for $125 and there are 40 grants available for 2022. The process will be competitive so be sure to make your application as detailed as possible. Please review the following criteria before applying.
Eligibility for the grant:
- If you received a grant in 2021 you are not eligible to apply for a grant in 2022.
- You must live in a municipality or region that has an active membership with the Block Watch Society of BC.
- Your Block Watch group must be active within your local municipality or region.
- The event must occur before September 30, 2022.
- There must be a component of crime prevention, safety or community engagement.
- Check for provincial restrictions on in-person events, at the time of your event.
- Event must be inclusive of neighbours.
- Grant funds will be paid after your post-event report and receipts are submitted
- Post-event reports must be submitted within 30 days of their event
- Alcohol cannot be claimed as an event expense.
Here are some ideas for your event:
- Block Party
- CPTED or target hardening home projects
- Bicycle safety and education
- Emergency preparedness meeting
Selection of Grant Applications:
- Each application will be reviewed by a committee within the Block Watch Society of BC.
- Applications must be detailed and include a crime prevention, safety, or community engagement component.
- Only applications received by the deadline will be considered.
- Qualifying applications will be chosen at random by the grants committee.
To apply for a Safe Community Grant, complete the attached application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submitting your grant application is May 25, 2022.
Block Watch Society of BC
Safe Community Grants Committee
Successful Applicants for the 2021 Community Safety Grants
|Draw #||First Name||Group #||Municipality||Coordinator|
|1||Elaine||C300-40||North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|2||Laura||none given||Victoria||Kimberly Kelley|
|3||Nicole||none given||North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|4||Vivan||none given||Cowichan Bay||Sarah Davidge|
|5||Stephen||F700-043||North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|6||Diane||E500-151||North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|7||Jennifer||Z-2 J05-05||Richmond||Rita Leung|
|10||Hugh||B200-141||North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|14||Roberta||Fairview 68||Vancouver||Leah Marlay|
|15||Jamie||none given||Duncan||Sarah Davidge|
|16||Andrea||SCBW083||Mill Bay||Sarah Davidge|
|17||Carol-Ann||none given||Duncan||Sarah Davidge|
|19||Ivy||none given||North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|21||Katharine||E500-085||North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|22||Jean||none given||Burnaby||Susan Salame|
|23||Maurey||Zone 5||North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|25||Catherine||none given||Victoria||Kimberly Kelley|
|28||Janice||F800-025||North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|32||Sharon||none given||Chemainus||Sarah Davidge|