Successful Applicants for the 2021 Community Safety Grants
|Draw #||First Name||Group #||Municipality||Coordinator|
|1||Elaine||C300-40||North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|2||Laura||none given||Victoria||Kimberly Kelley|
|3||Nicole||none given||North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|4||Vivan||none given||Cowichan Bay||Sarah Davidge|
|5||Stephen||F700-043||North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|6||Diane||E500-151||North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|7||Jennifer||Z-2 J05-05||Richmond||Rita Leung|
|10||Hugh||B200-141||North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|14||Roberta||Fairview 68||Vancouver||Leah Marlay|
|15||Jamie||none given||Duncan||Sarah Davidge|
|16||Andrea||SCBW083||Mill Bay||Sarah Davidge|
|17||Carol-Ann||none given||Duncan||Sarah Davidge|
|19||Ivy||none given||North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|21||Katharine||E500-085||North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|22||Jean||none given||Burnaby||Susan Salame|
|23||Maurey||Zone 5||North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|25||Catherine||none given||Victoria||Kimberly Kelley|
|28||Janice||F800-025||North Vancouver||Gursimran Gill|
|32||Sharon||none given||Chemainus||Sarah Davidge|
Safe Community Grant Application for 2021
1) Plan your event, then fill and submit this application form directly to the Block Watch Society of BC. Note: submitting an application does not guarantee a group’s claim to a grant.
2) The deadline to apply is the end of Canada Day, July 1st, 2021.
3) All applications will be carefully reviewed for event and safety criteria by the Block Watch Society of BC Grants Committee.
4) Eligible applications will be drawn at random within two weeks after the application deadline.
5) Eligible events may be held until January 3rd, 2022.
6) Successful groups will receive a Post-Event Report form to document how the money was spent as well as how the event satisfied the criteria agreed to in this form. Grants reimburse expenses that were paid out-of-pocket, so be sure to keep receipts and record safety and crime prevention details.
7) Grant cheques will be issued after the Block Watch Society of BC Grants Committee has received and reviewed your Post-Event Report.
Eligibility for the Grant:
• Community must be an active Block Watch Community or program in good standing with the Block Watch Society of BC
• Neighbourhood applying must be part of their official community Block Watch
Criteria for Grant:
• Eligible events may be held until January 3rd, 2022
• Event must have a component of Crime Prevention and Community Engagement
Block Watch Block Party (describe a crime prevention theme)
Bike safety “rodeo”
Crime Prevention community talk
Neighbourhood beautification initiative (landscaping, murals, maintenance, etc…)
• Event must be inclusive of neighbourhood and neighbours
• Organizers of the event MUST submit a report of their event
• Grants are issued to awarded neighbourhoods after receiving report of the event
Applying for the Grant:
• Complete the attached application
• Deadline for the application is end of Canada Day, July 1st, 2021.
Selection of Grant Awards:
Each application will be reviewed by a committee formed by the Block Watch Society Board. Decision of awarded grants will be based on:
• Crime prevention component
• Community engagement component
• Previous awards to the same community ( a community awarded a grant in the previous year), although meeting criteria, may be selected after new groups to give all an equal chance of grants awarded.
• Award recipients will be active Block Watch neighbourhoods in active Block Watch Communities
• If more eligible applications are received than can be awarded, those qualifying applications will be chosen at random by the grants committee.
• Only applications received by the deadlines will be considered for selection.