Safe Communities Celebration Grant 2019
Through the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, the Block Watch Society of BC provides annual grants to Neighbourhoods/Communities to engage them in Crime Prevention initiatives and Community
Engagement. It is believed that engaging communities plays a direct role in reducing and deterring crime in those neighbourhoods. Please see the following on the criteria for applying and receiving a Grant this year. There is a maximum of 40 grants for 2019, and the process is competitive.
Each grant is for $150 – an increase from $100 in 2018.
Eligibility for the Grant:
• Community must be an active Block Watch Community or program in good standing with the Block Watch Society of BC
• Neighbourhood applying must be part of their official community Block Watch
Criteria for Grant:
• Event must occur between April 1st and September 30th 2019
• Event must have a component of Crime Prevention and Community Engagement
Block Watch Block Party (describe a crime prevention theme)
Bike safety “rodeo”
Crime Prevention community talk
Neighbourhood beautification initiative (landscaping, murals, maintenance, etc…)
• Event must be inclusive of neighbourhood and neighbours
• Organizers of the event MUST submit a report of their event
• Grants are issued to awarded neighbourhoods after receiving report of the event
Applying for the Grant:
• Complete the attached application
• Deadline for the application is April 23rd, 2019 at noon.
Selection of Grant Awards:
Each application will be reviewed by a committee formed by the Block Watch Society Board. Decision of awarded grants will be based on:
• Crime prevention component
• Community engagement component
• Previous awards to the same community ( a community awarded a grant in the previous year), although meeting criteria, may be selected after new groups to give all an equal chance of grants awarded.
• Award recipients will be active Block Watch neighbourhoods in active Block Watch Communities
• If more eligible applications are received than can be awarded, those qualifying applications will be chosen at random by the grants committee.
• Only applications received by the deadlines will be considered for selection.
Thank you Block Watch Society of BC