- Residents of a drug house or grow-op might avoid contact with neighbours. Generally the residence will look empty, but occupants appear overnight.
- The windows are covered with plastic, heavy curtains or blinds that are tightly shut and pressed against the windows.
- Chemical or strange odors coming from the house, apartment or detached buildings.
- Neighborhood residences experience unexplained power surges or a decrease in power.
- The house may appear to be vacant as the yard is not well tended, and flyers accumulate at the door.
- There is heavy condensation on the windows or an absence of frost or snow on the roof when other houses have frost or snow.
- Extra security measures have been taken to protect the house i.e. new fencing, guard dogs and bars on the windows.
For more information about marihuana grow operations, visit the RCMP website: https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/drugs-drogues/msdi-ilcmds/grow-ops-culture-eng.htm
To learn more about possession and growing of marihuana, you can visit the Province of BC website: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/public-safety/cannabis/safe-communities